Date: 02–06 Dec
Can you feel it? The excitement is building. The big day is almost here. We are incredibly excited to announce that on Wednesday 2 December we will be able to officially welcome you through the doors of Merrifield City.
Naturally, we’re keen to celebrate this historic moment and get to know our community, so we invite you to join us during opening week as the first batch of our friendly new food vendors, grooming specialists and gadget experts swing into action.
Throughout opening week you’ll get a chance to look, shop and taste your way through the centre, while Covid-safe roving entertainers will bring a dose of colour, excitement and family fun to opening day and again from 9:30 am – 4:00 pm on opening weekend.
Kids and families can also delight in the wonder of our spectacular light-filled Christmas tree, plus, you can pick up a free Merrifield City tote bag and free balloons for the little ones. If you’re lucky, you might land a complimentary $20 Merrifield City voucher too.
Meet the new faces of Merrifield City
This is your chance to meet local authorities in everything from seasonal cooking to hair styling and uncover what’s new in your neighbourhood. So don’t be shy – come down and say hello.
Opening on 2 December:
Ferguson Plarre Bakehouses
Quality Food Store
Smokin’ Joes Pizza & Grill (opening on Saturday 5th December)
Smokemart & Giftbox
with more new stores to come in 2021.
Keeping our community Covid-safe
The health and wellbeing of our customers, retailers and Merrifield City staff is our number one priority. While we are doing all that we can to protect the health of our community, everyone has a part to play in keeping Merrifield safe.
As such, we kindly ask that you:
- Try to plan your visit to avoid peak times where possible.
- Practise social distancing throughout your visit, always keeping at least 1.5 metres between yourself and others, especially while queuing.
- Maintain a high level of personal hygiene: wash your hands regularly, make use of the hand sanitiser stations located throughout the building, and safely cover a cough or sneeze.
- Wear a face mask, unless you have a valid reason not to, and follow all government directives.
- Please stay at home if you are feeling unwell, are awaiting test results, or experiencing any Covid-19 symptoms.